Standard Chartered Mortgage One


I recently did a repricing on my housing loan. I changed my SGD SIBOR from 3 months to 1 month as I believe interest rate will remain low for a longer period of time. Euro and Japan are adopting negative interest rates, Yellen is also considering it. I notice that 3 months - 1 year SIBOR are always trading at a premium due to its prolonged fix rate(as shown below). As long as interest rate remains low, a 1 month SIBOR option will always be more efficient in my view. Besides the SIBOR switch, I have also gotten a much lower fixed interest margin compared to my previous package. The below table is the latest SIBOR rate.
In addition to the much lower interest rate I am getting after the repricing, I was surprised by the new feature that I have gotten. My mortgage officer tagged me to their new Mortgage One loan package which gives the exact interest that my loan is charging for the month, to the deposit account that my loan is deducted from. Which means my saving account has literally become a hedge against my loan. Do note that only 2/3 of the money in my savings account gets the interest rate, the other 1/3 gets 0.25%. The amount is capped at the total loan that you get. The interest that I earned from my savings account will be used to offset my loan principle. Quite a niffy feature. This means if lets say my housing loan interest spike to 10% p.a(hypothetical), my savings account will give me 10% interest p.a for 2/3 of my money inside. For more info you can click here.


My loan is much lesser than the above illustrated, I can pay up my loan immediately, but I don't see the reason to now as the money can be invested in an investment graded bond to get 5.125% which is almost 5x higher than my loan interest. I don't know how this loan package compares with the other banks but I find the new savings account hedge feature pretty useful to me. I will most likely put money into this savings account after maxing out BOC smartsaver. Lets say if my loan interest goes to 2%, I will be getting effectively 1.413% p.a for the amount I put into this savings account(2/3 2% + 1/3 0.25%) which will be more superior than CIMB Fastsaver(1%). Just sharing.


11 comments :

  1. isnt the US Fed planning on interest rate hikes sometime in the next Q?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my view its unlikely. In my view a 1 month sibor rate is the most efficient in a stagnant or decreasing interest rate environment. Furthermore, it doesnt rate at a premium. My view only.

      Delete
  2. btw, does your 1M sibor have a lock in period?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no lock in its basically:

      1 mth sibor +0.65% first year
      1 mth sibor +0.75% second year
      1 mth sibor +0.85% third year
      1 mth sibor +0.95% forth year there after.

      Statistically speaking I also find 1 mth sibor to be lower than 3 mth mainly due to the premium for 3 mth.

      Delete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, My name is Amara Carr from Florida. I just feel like saying this to people who really want a Blank Atm Card. There is this new way of making money with a particular ATM Card called the Blank ATM card. I got one through the help of a hacking group called MEYER TRAVIS ATM HACKERS. This Blank ATM card is programmed to malfunction any ATM machine and CCTV cameras. Thereby allowing you to withdraw up to $ 10,000 daily from any ATM machine all over the world. So far i have being able to withdraw $ 600,000.00 from several ATM machines. Thought it is illegal, there's no risk of being caught. For those of us in need of financial stability, you can get more information about this Blank ATM card by contacting MEYER Travis Curtis ATM HACKERS now on their email: Atmhackers@aol.com. I got this Blank ATM card at a very unexpected low rate.Email them they we tell you more about it and also how much it cost for you to get it. or text +1 402 892 2486 And they also give out loan of 2 %.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need personal loan? Does your firm,company or industry need financial assistance? Do you need finance to start your business? Do you need finance to expand your business? We give out loan to interested individuals who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us at Email: flourishloancredite@gmail.com
    APPLICATION DETAILS
    Your Full Details:
    Full Name:
    Loan Amount Need:
    Loan Duration:
    Phone Number:
    Applied before?
    State:
    Monthly Income:
    Country:
    You are to send this to our Company Email;flourishloancredite@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  6. CLEAR YOUR DEPT APPLY FOR A GOOD LOAN HERE GET APPROVE IN 3HRS




    Do you need an urgent loan we offer worldwide loan to who in need of loan the business opportunity you having being looking for is here again. email us now at: mrwilliam751@gmail.com
    LOAN APPLICATION FORM
    1) Full Name:
    2) Gender:
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.
    4) Loan Duration:
    5) Country:
    6) Home Address:
    7) Mobile Number:
    8)Monthly Income:
    9)Occupation:
    )Which did you here about us.

    Best Regards.


    ReplyDelete

  7. Hello, Do you need a loan from The most trusted and reliable company
    in the world? if yes then contact us now for we offer loan to all
    categories of seekers be it companies or for staff usage. We offer
    loan at 3% interest rate, Contact us via email:
    statesservices@gmail.com

    (1) Full Name
    (2) Full Address
    (3) Country
    (4) Age
    (5) Occupation
    (6) Tell phone number
    (7) Sex:
    (8) Loan Amount needed:
    (9) Loan Duration

    Email us at: statesservices@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts
    SM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best, with Indianainvestmentwatch so much class. If wanted to know more about green smoke reviews, than by all means come in and check our stuff.

    ReplyDelete